Friday, May 12, 2017

'Wedding Ring' Quilt Block #3 Jasmine Heaven

'Wedding Ring' B.O.W. #3 in Rest and Refreshing by Piecing the Past Quilts.




Cutting fabrics for piecing, irresistible orange batiks,
The 3 blocks I've pieced together for 'Rest and Refreshing' Quilt.

Clouds and wind, Rancho Palos Verdes, looking out over the Pacific.
Jasmine shrubs I pass on my walks, tropical and they smell heavenly.


Happy Friday from Rancho Palos Verdes!
The temperature has warmed up and the clouds are still here.
The rabbits can be seen running around on the golf course across the street. I think they're planning on taking over the world, they're reproducing fast!

I finished 'Wedding Ring' block #3 in 'Rest and Refreshing' B.O.W. by Piecing the Past Quilts, link above. The blocks are traditional and beautiful. I did add in my own colorway, however.

Missouri Star Quilt Company has a new tutorial on a,  Nine Patch on Point Quilt. 
Great idea and fun, using Amy Smart's new fabric line 'Gingham Girls. 
No I'm not getting paid to write that. It's a good tutorial and fabric line, no harm in saying what's true.

Happy Mother's Day weekend, spring is a good time to celebrate moms.
 
I'll be by to visit and see your projects.

10 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Lovely block; there are three diamonds on each side of the ring - you must have caught a rich guy!!
Happy Mother's Day!

Kaja said...

Orange! It works well with your first two blocks and the fabulous colours are making this look very contemporary.

Pamela said...

The orange is stunning. I guess I don't work with orange enough!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

ooooh - those pesky rabbits!! Twitter-pating under your very eyes. We've had mourning doves doing the deed on our balcony railing the past few days too. Spring must be here! Love the orange too even though it's not something I use often.

Karen said...

I hope you had a lovely Mother's day Janie....I do love that view of yours!!

Janie said...

Thank you, Queenie. I like that block too. I'm looking forward to starting on the next block but it will have to wait, another
road trip coming up!

Janie said...

Orange is never far away from my projects, it's warm and exciting, not to be helped because it's the offspring of red and
yellow.

Janie said...

Thanks Pamela, everyone has their favorite palette and way with color. That's what
makes sharing projects and process fun!

Janie said...

Of rabbits and mourning doves and butterflies! Spring is delightful.
I've been on a long road trip up the west coast, you wouldn't believe all the California
poppies I've seen, orange beauties.

Janie said...

Thank you, Karen, Happy Mother's Day to you too!
My view has changed, soon I'll have photos of my new surroundings posted.
Your new Stitch Class is coming soon, looks fun!